Family Support Officers
We have two full time Family Support Officers working throughout Medway and Kent. They can offer the following support:
- Telephone support and advice
- Face to face discussion of problems and possible ways to solve them
- Help the person, their family/carer to work in partnership with Health, Education and Social Services by attending meetings, explaining professional reports and helping to compile written responses
- Support people in getting Community Care Assessments for adults, finding and accessing the right support
- Helping people and their families/carers to apply for benefits, grants and entitlements
- Getting people together in self-help groups
- Social skills groups
- Promoting awareness of Autism Spectrum Condition through seminars and training
Please see our Privacy statement Data Privacy Statement
New Fundraising Website
The site is currently being updated. Check back.
Donate to our Family Support Service Appeal
If you would like to support our appeal; please visit https://www.justgiving.com/campaigns/charity/kentautistictrust/familysupportappeal
Donate via Text
You can donate to our Family Support Service Appeal by texting FAMS02 followed by the amount you wish to donate to 70070.
You can donate £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10
As an example, to donate £5, you would text the following to 70070:
All the money you donate goes to us. You may be charged for your text message. Please refer to your network operator’s standard rates.
If you have any questions about JustTextGiving, please visit www.justtextgiving.co.uk
For any further information on Fundraising, please contact Serita Boxall, our Grants & Appeals Officer on 01634 405168 / email@example.com
You can download an information sheet about autism for parents and carers of children and young people, put together by a multi-agency group in Kent, by clicking this link - Information for Parents and Carers
Family Support Women’s Group video
Family Support’s Women with autism group members share their experiences of being the hidden population. They are brave women who want to share their stories to make people more aware of autism in women.
Family Support Appeal video
KAT Family Support is a service helping families across Kent and Medway to gain more knowledge of autism and find some support to help them. Family Support offer support groups, social skills groups for adults, women with autism groups, help with some benefits, educational issues and signposting. In this film, people who have been supported through Family Support share their stories and why they feel it is so important that funding is found to enable the service to continue.